Pig feed comes in three forms (or combination of the forms):
- Pelleted pig feed has the ingredients milled and formed into pellets.
- Sweet feed is feed in the form of fresh grains plus pellets
- Block feed has the ingredients milled and formed into solid blocks.
- Loose minerals can be offered by a separate mineral feeder or added to feed just as people can put salt on food.
- Block minerals are solid blocks that the animals lick.
When group-feeding pigs, always make sure the feeder is flowing freely and that plenty of fresh water is available.